Connecting with Friends: Joining Local Multiplayer Servers in Minecraft 1.9
21st July, 2023
Minecraft has long been celebrated for its ability to bring players together in an interactive and immersive world. While exploring the vast landscapes and embarking on adventures alone can be captivating, the real magic of Minecraft lies in its multiplayer experience. In the version 1.9 of Minecraft, joining local multiplayer servers offers an opportunity to connect with friends and share the joys of gaming in the same physical space. In this article, we delve into the process of connecting with friends and setting up local multiplayer servers in Minecraft 1.9, allowing you to create unforgettable moments with those closest to you.
Understanding Local Multiplayer ServersLocal multiplayer servers in Minecraft 1.9 are an excellent option for players who wish to enjoy the game in a more intimate setting with friends, family, or housemates. Instead of connecting to a server hosted by a distant entity, local multiplayer servers enable players within the same network to play together within their home or local area.
Preparing Your Minecraft SetupBefore diving into local multiplayer fun, ensure that all players have a compatible version of Minecraft installed. In this case, everyone should be on Minecraft 1.9 to ensure seamless compatibility. Additionally, make sure all devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network or are physically linked through LAN (Local Area Network) cables.
Host Setup: Creating the Local ServerOne player will act as the host and set up the local multiplayer server. To do this, follow these steps:
- Launch Minecraft 1.9 on the device that will serve as the host.
- Click on "Singleplayer" to enter the single-player menu.
- Select an existing world or create a new one by clicking "Create New World."
- Once the world is loaded, press the "Escape" key to open the in-game menu.
- Click on "Open to LAN" to make the world accessible to other players on the same network.
- Customize the server settings, such as game mode, difficulty, and whether to enable cheats, according to your preferences.
- Click "Start LAN World" to create the local multiplayer server.
Joining the Local Multiplayer ServerNow that the host has set up the local multiplayer server, other players can join and participate in the adventure:
- On the other players' devices, launch Minecraft 1.9.
- Click on "Multiplayer" to access the multiplayer menu.
- The local multiplayer server created by the host should appear on the list of available servers.
- Click on the server name to connect and join the world.
Enjoying the Local Multiplayer ExperienceOnce all players have successfully joined the local multiplayer server, they will find themselves in the same Minecraft world. From here, they can collaborate on building projects, explore the landscape together, or embark on thrilling quests.
Connecting with friends through local multiplayer servers in Minecraft 1.9 enhances the gaming experience by fostering real-world connections and shared adventures. By following these simple steps, you can easily create a local server and embark on exciting journeys with those closest to you. Whether it's building majestic structures, conquering hostile territories, or simply enjoying the beauty of the blocky world, local multiplayer servers offer a unique and heartwarming way to experience Minecraft with your favorite people. So, gather your friends, set up a local server, and immerse yourselves in the wonders of Minecraft 1.9, where the joy of gaming knows no bounds when shared among friends.